American Hiking Society (AHS) is inviting applications for its third class of NextGen Trail Leaders. They are looking for rising stars in the outdoor community, from all walks of life and across the country, to be the voice of young hikers through advocacy and stewardship to welcome all into the hiking community and protect public lands. 2020 will be a monumental year, and AHS is looking to empower new voices to lead the way!
Applicants should be:
- Between the ages of 18 and 40;
- Passionate about outdoor advocacy and stewardship; and justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the outdoors
- Excellent, dynamic communicators with social media savvy
- Available to attend Hike the Hill® February 9-12, 2020
- Available to Attend or Host a National Trails Day® Event on June 6, 2020; and
- Available to engage regularly throughout the year on social media and AHS communications on efforts to protect public lands and support and expand a diverse hiking community.
To find out more, visit the American Hiking Trails website here!