Millard Canyon Fast Facts
- AFC in 2012 preserved 13 acres of rarely visited wilderness in Altadena’s Millard Canyon, above Hahamongna Watershed Park.
- This land is contiguous with a large area of wilderness that was preserved by the Santa Monica Mountains Conservancy in 2012.
- The canyon serves as a wildlife corridor from the Angeles National Forest to Hahamongna Watershed Park for mule deer, bobcats, mountain lions, bears and coyotes.
- Spring-fed Millard Creek flows year-round down the canyon and through the property, supporting rich aquatic life.
- The canyon’s thick, mature canopy of at least nine native tree species provides ideal bird habitat.